Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum)
"The Holy Grail of Herbal Medicine"
Reishi or ganorderma is called "The sacred Mushroom of Inmortalily". The mushroom enhances mind and body and its health benefits are proven by science not just by bogus unsubstantiated claims.
Here are just some of the benefits of the reishi mushroom:
Reishi is commonly used for:
- Longevity and prevention of diseases
- Influenza and common cold
- Heart Disease
- High Cholesterol (LDL)
- Stomach ache
- Back pain
- Skin Care
- Hair loss
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
The scientific data accumulated over the past 30 years help explain why Reishi is effective in all parts of our body:
- Immune System
- Cancer: Reishi is an effective anti-tumor medicine
- Common Cold
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Stomatitis (canker sores)
- Reishi acts as an antioxidant against free radicals
- Reishi protects against the effects of radiation
- Reishi has anti-inflammatory effects
- Respiratory System
- Endocrine System
- Problems associated with Menopause
- Irregular menstruation
- Nervous System
- Stress-induced tension
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Circulatory System
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Hypotension (Low Blood Pressure)
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Reduction of Cholesterol (LDL)
- Cold Extremities
- Elevation sickness
- Digestive System
- Liver Necrosis
- Reishi regenerates the liver
- Obesity -- Reishi removes fat in the blood
- Underweight -- Reishi improves appetite
- Aging of the skin
- Ugly spots on the skin
- Hair loss
- Excretory System
Reishi is a powerful antioxidant, possessing ganodermic
acids A, B, C, and D, lucidenic acid B, and ganodermanontriol. These are all
extremely powerful antioxidents, counteracting the damaging effects of free
radicals on the body, and in other words, eliminating a considerable amount of
work from the long list of your liver’s jobs. Reishi also increases your resistance
to infections, viruses, bacteria, fungus and all other external toxins. Reishi
also works in prevention of liver cirrhosis, which is caused by the destructive
action alcohol takes on the body.
A Little History of Reishi
In the Herbal Pharmacopoeia compiled in the Han Dynasty [206 BC - 8 AD], the founding father of Chinese medicine Shen Nong documented over 350 species of plants and herbs.
These plants were classified into three categories: superior, average and fair. These classifications were based on the following criteria
.....the benefits based on continual consumption
.....and side effects.
Also, the superior plants had to be able to harmonize the functions of the body, mind and spirit. They had to have little or no long-term side effects.
Reishi was ranked the highest in this superior category of the Herbal Pharmacopoeia.
In the "Compendium of Materia Medica" a book which contains hundreds of natural Chinese medicines that have been used over thousands of years, the following statement attributed to Li Shi Zhen, celebrated physician of the 16th century, can be found:
...."It benefits the life energy, or 'qi' of the heart, repairing the chest area and benefiting those with a knotted and tight chest. Taken over a long period of time, agility of the body will not cease, and the years are lengthened to those of the Immortal Fairies."
These benefits still apply in the 21st century.
Interesting Ganoderma And Reishi Mushroom Fact
Did you know that Ganoderma has the ability of giving us a medical check-up and finding hidden diseases in the body?
It can then remove the toxins and enable the body to become the best doctor to treat a wide spectrum of diseases with the natural immune system.
Ganoderma’s basic functions are to cleanse the blood: remove toxins; boost the function of the kidney; protect the liver; strengthen the heart; and cleanse the colon.
It also acts as a relaxant with anti-cancer properties. Ganoderma has more than 200 active elements which can be divided into three categories with ratio of:
30% water-soluble elements
65% organic soluble elements
5% volatile elements.
The effects of Ganoderma on the body have to go through five (5) stages:
1. Scanning (1-30 days)
- Ganoderma helps to detect hidden disease and toxins in the body and proceed to regulate the body functions. During the process, the body will show symptoms- known as 'ailment reflection". This reaction is not a side effect, but to help us identify the ailing area. This is the scanning effect of Ganoderma.
2. Cleansing-Detoxification (1-30 weeks)
- Ganoderma is known as "King of toxin removers" for its power to remove excessive uric acid, lactic acid, excess cholesterol, fat deposits, dead tissue and toxins accumulated in the body. Toxins are discharged through the circulation system - (kidney and liver) by urination and stool, through perspiration, boils, rashes, phlegm and mucus.
3. Regulation (1-12 months)
- During the restoring process, many reactions can be observed. Do not be alarmed, this is the sign of the body healing itself. If the reaction is too strong, reduce the dosage.
4. Building-Recovery (6-24 months)
- Ganoderma will continue to repair the affected body parts, and strengthen the immune system to be more resistant to diseases. It also supplies the essential elements and vitamins for speedy recovery.
5. Rejuvenation (1-3 years)
- The ultimate aim of consuming Ganoderma is to maintain the body functions at its optimum and restore youthfulness.
The Ganoderma Boys
Ingredients: 20:1 Reishi Mushroom Extract*
Other Ingredients: None
Container Size: 1.8oz. | 50 grams
Serving Size: 1/4 teaspoon
Directions: Add 1/4 – 1 teaspoon (more or less depending on
your taste and experience level) to 8 oz of hot water. Mix and enjoy. This
powder can also be added to smoothies, juices, and protein shakes. Lastly, you
can just eat the powder right from the bag as it is a pure extract and ready to
consume as is.
powder is a concentrated extract, this means that the active constituents are
extracted from the herb and then concentrated to a 20:1 ratio. The ratio
means that 20 pounds of whole herb is concentrated down into one pound of
The information on this website is not intended to replace the advice of your health practitioner. If you believe you are experiencing a medical or health problem please seek the assistance of a qualified health professional.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.