Chinese Name Du Zhong 杜仲
Latin Name Eucommia Oliv.
Other Names Cortex Eucommiae, Chinese Rubber Tree, Gutta-percha Tree
Used Part Bark
Specification Full Spectrum Extract Powder
Product Description Eucommia is the primary plant-sourced herb in Chinese herbalism used to the Kidney Yang functions, in particular as it affects the lower part of the body and the skeletal structure. And although Eucommia is primarily known as a powerful Yang Jing tonic, it is also a strong Yin Essence (Yin Jing) nourishing herb. Because it provides both Yin and Yang, it is a superb herb for men and women alike and can be used by almost anybody to promote the functions of the endocrine system, to promote sexual functions, to enhance normal growth, to promote healing, to strengthen the physical structure and to strengthen resistance. Recent animal studies indicate that the alcohol extract of Eucommia Bark may be a potent human growth hormone secretagogue. Clinical studies have reportedly shown that Eucommia extract may be effective in lowering blood pressure. It is widely used now in the treatment of hypertension, a serious health hazard of urban living.
Taste & Property
Sweet, Slightly Acrid (Astringent), Warm
Tonifies the Kidneys and Liver and strengthens the sinews and bones
– Kidney and Liver Deficiency with a weak, sore or painful lower back and knees, fatigue and urinary frequency
– Weakness of sinews and bones
Aids the smooth flow of Qi and Blood
– Promotes circulation for weak sinews and bones
Calms the fetus
– Deficiency Cold patterns with bleeding during pregnancy
– Prevents miscarriage when fetus is agitated or restless and when a pregnant woman has significant back pain or presents with a deficient condition
– Threatened abortion
Lowers blood pressure
– Dizziness and lightheadedness due to Liver Yang Rising
Tonifies Kidney Yang
– Reproductive and urinary disorders such as impotence and incontinence
The information on this website is not intended to replace the advice of your health practitioner. If you believe you are experiencing a medical or health problem please seek the assistance of a qualified health professional.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.